I'd like to collect historical data on my home's electricity usage. How much data does TED store?
Second data = 60 minutes
Minute data = 48 hours
Hour data = 90 days
Day data = 2 years
Year data = 10 years
All data is exportable through Footprints Software at any time. The data will export to a CSV (Excel) file. You may export data as often as you'd like.
I want to install TED in my vacation home, but I don't have a permanent computer set up. Do I need a computer to use TED?
I want to view more than my overall usage. How can I monitor an individual appliance?
i. Use the optional wireless Display – Using the handheld Display, instantly see how much an individual device/appliance uses when it is turned off/on or whether it is plugged/unplugged.
ii. Create a Load Profile in Footprints Software – Using the Load Profile Wizard, you can create a software-based load profile for up to five devices/appliances. Large, single-stage loads (water heater, electric oven, some HVAC systems) can be profiled to be detected in software that will then provide an additional bar graph displaying the approximate time-of-use and associated cost. (Multi-stage loads require a dedicated MTU to be used in conjunction with the software.)
iii. Purchase an additional MTU/CT set – If the device you are trying to monitor is on its own breaker/circuit, you can purchase an additional MTU/CT to monitor the individual breaker. In Footprints software, you will be able to view and monitor the device independently from your overall electricity usage. You can use the additional MTU/CT in conjunction with the Load Profile feature to display time of use and the cost associated with each per power cycle on multi-stage loads.
I'm concerned about privacy. Who can view my data?
I am concerned about the accuracy of my electricity bill each month. How accurate is TED?
I want to use TED Advisor to receive real-time text messages/email alerts. Are there any monthly/subscription fees or any additional charges to use TED?
Order / Shipping
I am ready to buy TED. How do I purchase a TED?
I purchased a TED from your Website. What happens now?
I want to make sure my TED arrives quickly and safely. How do you ship orders?
I need TED as soon as possible. Is there any way to expedite my order?
What is your warranty and return policy?
I lost my Installation Guide included in my TED package. Can I find one online?
I read through all of your support material, but it appears that I'm still having a problem. How do I get my issue resolved?
Monitoring with TED
I just installed TED and I'm excited to view real-time electricity data! Do you have any tips on how to get the most out of my TED?
We're glad you are enjoying your new TED system. We recommend that all TED users watch our "How to Save with TED" Video – it provides some great tips on how to lower your electricity bill. Some of our top tips include:
- 1. Create load profiles on Footprints Software for up to five of your largest energy hogs.
- 2. Download one of our Third Party Apps to view your electricity data remotely.
- 3. Consistently check your History and Graphing tabs in Footprints software to pick up on trends and unique spikes of your electricity usage.
- 4. Perform your own energy audit with the wireless display to get a general idea of how much electricity certain appliances cost to operate.
- 5. Set up TED Advisor to receive real-time text message/email alerts.
- 6. Teach your whole family how to use TED so that everyone is in on the savings.
- 7. Place the wireless display in a common area, such as the kitchen or family room, to serve as a constant reminder of how much electricity is being used.